Science Laboratory Center of Chania

The Science Laboratory Center of Chania “K. M. Koumas” operates within the Second Grade Education and its goal is to support teachers of the Second and First Grade Education on the experimental teaching of Science. Its action started in 1986 in a different way. In 1996, based on its experience, it contributed along with other laboratories to the creation of Science Laboratory Centers. Its multilateral action is described on the website, where you can find helpful material for the experimental teaching of Science.


Theological School of Halki (Θεολογική Σχολή Χάλκης)

The Halki seminary, formally the Theological School of Halki (Θεολογική Σχολή Χάλκης in Greek and Ortodoks Ruhban Okulu in Turkish) was the main school of theology of the Eastern Orthodox Church's Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. It was founded on 1 October 1844 on the island of Halki (Heybeliada in Turkish), one of the Princes' Islands in the Sea of Marmara. In 1971, the Turkish parliament enacted a law banning private higher education institutions, which resulted in the enforced closure of the Halki seminary.

Εθνικό Ιστορικό Μουσείο

Το Εθνικό Ιστορικό Μουσείο ιδρύθηκε το 1884 και είναι το παλαιότερο μουσείο ιστορίας στην Ελλάδα. Ανήκει στην Ιστορική και Εθνολογική Εταιρεία Ελλάδος η οποία ιδρύθηκε το 1882 με σκοπό τη συλλογή και διάσωση ιστορικών αντικειμένων και γραπτών τεκμηρίων που αφηγούνται την ιστορία των Ελλήνων από την Άλωση της Κωνσταντινούπολης μέχρι τις μέρες μας. Ο πυρήνας των Συλλογών του Μουσείου δημιουργήθηκε από τις δωρεές των οικογενειών των Αγωνιστών του Αγώνα της Ελληνικής Ανεξαρτησίας (1821).

Εθνικό Μετσόβιο Πολυτεχνείο - National Technical University of Athens

January 12, 1837 (December 31, 1836, old style) has been founded in Athens by Royal Decree a Sunday training school for technicians.

Indeed, in 1837, a young Bavarian, the officer in the engineering corps Friedrich R. von Zentner, was entrusted to train on Sundays qualified workers and foremen for building. These men were needed for the transformation of Athens from a village to the capital of the new state, proud of its neo-classical buildings designed by Architects who came from abroad: the Palace, the University, the Archeological Museum, the Observatory etc.

ΕΚΕΦΕ Δημόκριτος - Demokritos

Η λειτουργία του Εθνικού Κέντρου Έρευνας Φυσικών Επιστημών «Δημόκριτος» -ΕΚΕΦΕ «Δ» - ξεκίνησε στα τέλη της δεκαετίας του ‘50 ως ανεξάρτητη δημόσια υπηρεσία με την επωνυμία Κέντρο Πυρηνικών Ερευνών «ΔΗΜΟΚΡΙΤΟΣ». Το 1985 πήρε τη σημερινή του επωνυμία και έγινε αυτοδιοικούμενο ΝΠΔΔ, υπό την εποπτεία της Γενικής Γραμματείας Έρευνας και Τεχνολογίας του Υπουργείου Ανάπτυξης. Το ΕΚΕΦΕ «ΔΗΜΟΚΡΙΤΟΣ» βρίσκεται στην Αγία Παρασκευή Αττικής, σε μια έκταση 600.000 τ.μ με κτηριακή επιφάνεια 40,000 τ.μ.