2ο Γυμνάσιο Θηλέων Αθηνών - Second Gymnasium for girls, Athens
Second Gymnasium for girls was founded around 1930.
The operation of the school was terminated in 1979 together with almost every school exclusively for boys or girls in Greece. It was accommodated in a fine building at 8-10 Marasli Street in Kolonaki, built in 1927. The supersede of the Second Gymnasium is the 26th High School of Athens (a joint school), accommodated in the same building. Its laboratory hosts the few instruments that have survived from the Second Gymnasium. Unfortunately, no records about the old laboratory have been found.
During its operation its name changed a few times from Second Gymasium to Second High School and vice versa.